Where is the Otway Coast?
The Otway Coast is situated in the heart of the world-famous Great Ocean Road, 2 1/2 hours from Melbourne and two hours from the 12 Apostles.
The Otway Coast is the tranquil area of townships between the busy towns of Lorne and Apollo Bay. Its ruggedness, beauty and wildness have given it the reputation as the most spectacular part of the Great Ocean Road.
The bitumen hugs the dramatic coastline on the edge of cliffs and rocky outcrops.
Driving distances and times between Melbourne to Lorne and all the towns along the Otway Coast.
- Melb to Lorne – 140 km – approx 2 hours
- Lorne to Wye River /Separation Creek – 17 km – approx 15 mins
- Wye River to Kennett River – 6 km – approx 5 mins
- Kennett River to Grey River – 3 km – approx 3 mins
- Grey River to Sugarloaf – 5 km – approx 5 mins
- Sugarloaf to Wongarra – 3 km – approx 3 mins
- Wongarra to Skenes Creek – 6 km – approx 4 mins
- Skenes Creek to Apollo Bay – 5 km – approx 5 mins